Uber Driver Requirements
Driver Age Requirements for Uber
- 21 Years of age is the legal provision
- 3 Years of driving experience needed.
More Important Uber Driver Requirements
- Car insurance for your state must be current and in your name
- You must have an in-state registered car for driving. The vehicle doesn’t have to be in your name.
- Your driver’s license must be in-state.
- Background checks are mandatory.
- Have a clean driving record for greatest results.
- Zero accidents with a fatality
- Zero reckless driving
- Zero criminal history reports
- Zero DUI or drug related offenses
- Zero no insurance charges
- Zero driving with suspended license charges
Uber Car RequirementsTo drive for Uber you will have to have a vehicle that meets Uber car requirements.
UberX vehicle requirements:
- A sedan with 4 doors. Has to seat up to 4 passengers, not including the driver.
- 2006 operational vehicle or newer. (Uber’s car year needs vary by city)
- Vehicle plates registered in-state.
- Car must qualify in an Uber vehicle inspection.
- Marked taxi, or salvaged vehicles are not permitted.
- The car’s registration will have to be current.
How to become an Uber driverRead the easy step-by-step guide to becoming an Uber driver here.
Here is a quick summary of the necessary steps:
Step 1. Fill out the simple driver application here.
Step 2. Complete a car inspection to meet Uber requirements.
Step 3. Wait patiently for your background check to clear.
Step 4. Push the Go Online button in the app and start driving.