Thursday, March 21, 2019
Wednesday, March 20, 2019
Wednesday, November 7, 2018
I am really looking forward to the coming holiday season. Not only do I get to make some money, which will go towards my family's celebrations, but I get to share in the festive spirit of my passengers.
However, it would be foolish to think that this time of year is all eggnog and mistletoe, so here are a few precautions that I will be taking:
- Using a festive air-freshener in the car
- Clearing my evening schedule so that I can be available for office party passengers
- Creating a Christmas mix for the stereo (bearing in mind that not everyone will like it)
- Maybe wearing a Santa hat to really help the passengers maintain a festive mood.... maybe!
- Remembering that my good customer service (or lack of) can really affect my passengers evening, and my tip.
- I have already spent some time identifying the most popular bars and restaurants, plus good parking areas where I can sit to wait for passengers. I have identified 6 of these areas around the city, so no matter where a passenger takes me, I have strategized the continuance of my business for the night.
- Stock upon emesis bags.
- Keep a bucket, a gallon jug of water, and some cleaning products in the trunk.... good if the carpet gets soiled, but if the upholstery is affected, your night is pretty much over.
- A spare set of rubber floor mats.
- Make sure the car vac is charged and in working order - not everyone will appreciate the tinsel/glitter that the last passenger left on the back seat.